Bioregional Planning for Resilient Rural Communities
2021年6月, UNE and our four international partners — Agricultural University of 冰岛, Borganes, 冰岛; University of Highlands and Islands, 因弗内斯, 苏格兰; 秋明 State University, 秋明, Russia; and SustainaMetrix, 波特兰, Maine — founded a UArctic 的matic Network centered on Bioregional Planning for Resilient Rural Communities.
This network of interdisciplinary 研究ers and practitioners from Maine, 冰岛, 苏格兰, 美国和俄罗斯致力于:
- Understanding the role that bioregional and systems strategies can play in supporting rural Northern communities;
- Activating those strategies in an intentional, place-based way to promote resilience in the face of climate change and other disruptive events.
- 的 network curates existing strategies and tool kits and supports their optimization and customization for specific bioregions.
- 的 network places particular focus on the engagement of the "people of the place,“关于代际交往, and on the engagement of community members on the margins.
- 网络提供编程, 比如网络研讨会和专题讨论会, to disseminate project-based work and its impacts on the UArctic community.
这个网络有五个初始合作伙伴, but its potential for impact for both UArctic and its communities lies in the participation of partner organizations throughout the UArctic family. This is an open invitation for all UArctic member institutions to connect with us and explore how your work and expertise might help realize this network's full potential.
的 北极大学 (UArctic) is a cooperative network of universities, 大学, 研究机构, and other organizations concerned with education and 研究 in and about the North. 的 University of New England has been a member since September of 2018.
UArctic builds and strengthens collective resources and collaborative infrastructure that enable member institutions to better serve their constituents and their regions. 通过教育合作, 研究, 和推广, UArctic enhances human capacity in the North, promotes viable communities and sustainable economies, 建立全球伙伴关系.
UArctic的 member institutions are the leading experts in circumpolar education and offer many programs and courses on a wide variety of northern-related topics. 的 北极研究目录e features northern relevant courses and programs offered by institutions throughout the eight Arctic countries in the Arctic region and may be available and of interest to undergraduate and graduate students at UArctic member institutions.
UArctic的 主题网络 are the primary means of cooperation between member institutions and their faculty and 研究ers. UArctic的 主题网络 foster issues-based cooperation within networks that are focused but flexible enough to respond quickly to topical Arctic issues. 的y form a framework for development of UArctic education and 研究 providing a structure for increasing the knowledge generation and sharing across the North.
- Arctic Coastal Communities for 可持续性
- World Images of Indigenous 人s of the North
UArctic also offers member institutions a range of 研究资源 to facilitate 研究 activities and collaboration. 资源包括:
- 研究 Infrastructure Catalogue — a searchable online database of infrastructures and facilities located at and operated by the UArctic member institutions.
- UArctic Atlas — a visual and geographic overview of the Arctic region, including its physical environment and socio-cultural life.
- 研究 Analytics Reports — 的 研究 Analytics Task Force has produced four publications, together with leading partners from the scientific publishing industry including Digital 科学, Uber研究, Altmetric, 以及爱思唯尔的研究情报.
- Snowy OWL Talks — videos based on public presentations by inspirational leaders that serve as general information and supplementary course material for students studying in or about the North.
If interested in getting involved with UArctic, email Interim Director Sally McCormack Tutt at 一个北 to explore the opportunities.